A job interview proves extremely critical to a fresher. The fact that he has no prior experience working in the industry makes his interview process very important. The aim of this post is to provide some basic interview tips for freshers which help them in clearing their job interview successfully. Here are some basic interview tips for freshers that help you in clearing your interview.
1. Try to appear your best at the Interview : Your appearance should convey that you have taken the interview seriously. Do not try to turn up in the interview in a manner that does not suit you. Some basics in grooming will help.
A] Well Groomed Hair
B] Well Pressed Shirt
C] Polished Shoes
2. Know about the Company : Before attending any interview for any company, make sure you know enough about the company and you are willing to work in this company. To do this, Go through the history and the present position of the company. It will help you to understand them and make you more confident.
3. Arrive Early.
4. Your Resume : A resume is the main intangible tool to get a job. Prepare your resume according to the job profile the company is offering and highlighting your strength required for the job. Remember one thing, that the points you are mentioning in it should be the ones, you are really intended to. This should not be bombastic and not be false just to impress the interviewer.
5. Dress Like you mean Business : Your dressing sense is the mirror of your personality. It defines the society you belong to. Always wear a formal suit. Black trouser and a white shirt would be the best combination. Avoid wearing colorful shirts and trousers. Look like a professional.
6. Switch Off your Phone.
7. Answer clearly and directly.
8. Do not be argumentative : Present your viewpoint and be professional. If you do not agree with something the Interviewer has said do not spurn it as invalid. Learn to understand their point of view even if it clashed with your own. This does not mean that you need to accept their point of view.
9. Show Enthusiasm.
10. Keep Eye Contact.
11. Be prepared with questions for the Interviewer : Most interviewers will give you a chance to ask questions. Use this opportunity to show your knowledge and interest in the company. Also this is a good opportunity to clear any doubts that you have.
12. Be a Part of them : Try to connect yourself with them, show your interest that you want to be a part of their family.
❒ Tell me about yourself?
❒ Why have you chosen this field?
❒ Why should we hire you?
❒ What is your strength?
❒ What is your weakness?
❒ What is your goal/ambition in career?
❒ Which is more important to you money or growth?
❒ What is your favourite hobby or pass-time?
❒ Are you a good leader?
❒ Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
❒ Do you believe in socialism or democracy?
❒ What are your salary expectations?
❒ Are you comfortable working on weekends?